MY Wife or My Mistriss that is the Question

The place to discuss SCAMP (Small Craft Advisor Magazine Project), our 11' 11" micro minicruiser.

Moderator: Moderator

fred4win
Major Contributor

MY Wife or My Mistriss that is the Question

Post by fred4win »

Her name is Rambling Rose. Oh! I have seen many that could be my Mistress but none has caught my eye quit like this one. Once I laid eyes on her I knew she was for me and knew she had to be mine . I was prepared to let nothing get in my way, had to have her for my own.

My wife wants to know do I have a Mistress. My wife claims that my step is livelier and I am so much more fun to be around. She can't explain that. I was always a grumpy old man. Claims I am so different now. Yes she is accusing me and I cant help myself. I must confess I meet my Mistress 6 months ago and I was hooked. I wake up in the morning thinking of her, I go to bed thinking of her..... dreaming of her. She is always on my mind. Always wanting to be with her. All day long I want to go and visit her. I have to hide her out in the garage. My wife would divorce me if I brought her inside the house. Not room for the three of us. She is not much to look at now, but soon the beautify will be there. I still have to caress her and stand back and admire at all of her curves and shapes. How can this love of her consume me so much?

This must be a sickness, not love. But I just get so excited when I am around her. My thoughts are like a teenage boy of all the future fun and excitement possible that I can have with her. I need someone to tell me this isn't so.

Am I the only one feeling this...?
Winning is for every thing losing is for nothing
Steve
Regular Contributor

Re: MY Wife or My Mistriss that is the Question

Post by Steve »

Not by a long shot Fred. I'm pretty sure there's no 12 step program for this. either, so I guess we just have to learn to accept ourselves. ;).
kenjamin
Recognized Old Salt

Post by kenjamin »

Hey Fred,

I confess to leaving a florescent work light on Gabrielle all night long in case I think of something I want to look at in the middle of the night. It may be even worse for me as a widower and single. The other day I bought a "D" ring for her bow. It was beautifully made in France and had a nice black rubber bushing to keep the water out. It was $18 plus tax but I paid it gladly as it was just the right size and did I mention it was made in France? Yes, Fred, us old men can be a wacky bunch about our boats.

Just remember a boat can't hold your hand, can't give you a kiss good night, can't make soup for you when you're sick, can't tell you she loves you when you're having a bad day. Never lose your perspective of what or who really matters, my friend.
HappyDog
Major Contributor

Post by HappyDog »

My last boat I named "Putita". With her it was always money for pleasure. I sold her. My better half called me "pimp".
I discovered SCAMP, now she calls me an addict!
Bcbimmer
Recognized Old Salt

Post by Bcbimmer »

OK guys,

Things are getting a little weird here. I had looked forward to the meetings of the SCAMPS but now I am beginning to form a list of guys who perhaps I would not want to anchor next to in a secluded cove.

Cheers,

Dan
johnmcneely
Major Contributor

Post by johnmcneely »

Just you builders wait until your SCAMPs are launched. The conversations will get rich. "Just where do you think you are going?" she asks. "I have to try out something new I just rigged," says I. "What's it this time?" "A Parrel-Bead Keeper for the Outhaul". "Whatever. What about the leaves that need raking?" "Like I told you, I'll get to it." "That's what you said yesterday and the day before." "You're not sneaking off to the lake again are you?" "Who me? No. I can just sit in the cockpit and dream a little." "You are hopeless, just hopeless......."
julie
Regular Contributor

Post by julie »

This thread is proof that I've found my people! :shock: :lol:

I know exactly where you're coming from, Fred!

There's a running joke in my house that Rio is my girlfriend (in fact, my blog was going to be titled "My girlfriend is a SCAMP") and I'm obsessed. So much so that my real friendships and relationships have suffered a bit- my friends are utterly bored by boats and boat building, my husband usually has no clue what I'm talking about, my family has stopped calling to check in on me because they know I'm probably still high from epoxy fumes (not really, I'm careful with that stuff..) and know that I will run their ears off about Rio at the first opportunity.

It's a horrible illness. I hope I never recover. :lol:
HappyDog
Major Contributor

Post by HappyDog »

Julie,
When your SCAMP is launched you have more friends than you want!
Cheers!
C.
fred4win
Major Contributor

Post by fred4win »

Hey julie, I was wondering when you was going to respond....by looking at your thread of your boat Rio, I knew you had the same thing as me. When this build is finished I will miss this...of course I will be sailing her,,,,,,but something will be missing. I believe you will feel the same.

WoW! julie that was so great. Why you didn't make a post or a new topic with that head line. I can see it now. MY GIRLFRIEND IS A SCAMP Like HappyDog says you will have more Post than you can handle.

I feel sorry for the ones building this boat and don't have that inter love. Eat your heart out guys. This is not just a boat.
Winning is for every thing losing is for nothing
brucemoffatt
Regular Contributor

Post by brucemoffatt »

I sort of feel like Dr Frankenstein at the moment, gathering and assembling the parts of my new little friend. I expect to feel that sinful longing when she starts to take shape. I must admit the western red cedar panels that I've made for the cabin, coamings and foredeck are very tactile, and it is sort of nice to run my hand slowly along the grain...
SCAMP # 179 'Romana' under construction in Largs, South Australia

http://www.amazon.com/Drift-ebook/dp/B008N9ESKS
https://www.createspace.com/4187764 (paperback)