Scamps at Sail Oklahoma 2014

The place to discuss SCAMP (Small Craft Advisor Magazine Project), our 11' 11" micro minicruiser.

Moderator: Moderator

godocgo
Regular Contributor

Re: Scamps at Sail Oklahoma 2014

Post by godocgo »

Pix from Little Tramp
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
kenjamin
Recognized Old Salt

Post by kenjamin »

Thanks so much for posting those pics of Gabrielle. Funny how in the top photo the main mast looks almost straight and in the bottom pic it's very curvy. The mast rotates so sometimes it can look perfectly straight from a certain perspective.

Shawn took pictures of Little Tramp so hopefully he'll be along to post them. If not I'll get Mike Monies to rattle his cage and get to posting.

Sure was fun to sail in company with other boats. I had never done that before and it was a blast. Sorry I didn't take pictures of your boat. I had a camera in my back pocket but I was so pleased with Gabrielle that I forgot all about it. The smiles on those faces says it all. :mrgreen:

Thanks again for those pics!!!
Monies
Recognized Old Salt

Post by Monies »

That is Shawn Payment happily sailing Gabrielle and Rick Landreville, from Canada, both guys who flew in with no boats. It would not surprise me if Shawn built a Scamp, he is a good boat builder, as is Rick. I got to see Gabrielle out sailing and she brought a big smile to my face with her little "tongue" sticking out at you!

I am just now back from the plyWooden Boat Festival where there were also Scamps and I got to see Fat Bottom Girl. I know there are a ton of photos already over on Sail Oklahoma and I need to not only look at them but transfer a few here!

Love, Jackie Monies- who just got Red Scamp unhooked off the van in back yard!
Monies
Recognized Old Salt

Post by Monies »

Here is link to Jim Michalak's October newsletter, which is all photos from Sail OK
http://jimsboats.com
Roy Schreyer
New Contributor

Post by Roy Schreyer »

Jackie and Mike, you both made Di and I (DIANNE'S ROSE) feel sooo welcomed! As he weather deteriorated the good people attending worked together and adapted wonderfully. It was a great pleasure to meet like minded boat builders. A high light for me was when Mike including me in the designers talk. The other experienced designers were very encouraging and freely gave lots of hints how to succeed going forward. Thanks again Jackie and Mike! Love from Dianne and I.
Monies
Recognized Old Salt

Post by Monies »

Roy et al, the reason for Sail Ok's entire being was to get designers and builders and would be builders together, to let people see and experience as many small boat designs and designers. It is a joy to see that happen and makes it worthwhile.

All of us are fortunate to have SCA, a wonderful magazine that does that for us in print.

Love, Jackie Monies