Revealing Howard's SCAMP Expedition Plan...

The place to discuss SCAMP (Small Craft Advisor Magazine Project), our 11' 11" micro minicruiser.

Moderator: Moderator

norseboater
Regular Contributor

Revealing Howard's SCAMP Expedition Plan...

Post by norseboater »

Big news today: John Welsford, SCAMP designer, will unveil full details on Howard Rice's upcoming voyage aboard the much-modified SCAMP #2 during a keynote presentation at the Saturday, July 18 Pocket Yacht Palooza, at the Northwest Maritime Center in Port Townsend.

All SCAMP fans will want to be there for this exciting, detailed presentation on Howard's planned voyage, modifications made for the expedition, and details on a feature-length documentary to be produced on Howard's voyage.

For details on the July 18 presentation, click the link below… - Marty Loken

http://www.pocketyachters.com/Port_Town ... looza.html
dsimonson
Major Contributor

Re: Revealing Howard's SCAMP Expedition Plan...

Post by dsimonson »

OMG!! Congrats, Marty, on the Palooza as the venue for such an exciting presentation.

It was great to meet you at the Anacortes Messabout, and I'm sorry I didn't get more time to chat… time went much too fast… Sure love that little canoe yawl you have!!! (But, still waiting for you to get that promised Scamp in the water :-)

I'm also very sorry I'm going to miss the Palooza (and all that it entails) this year. (and all the other events of those weeks in July! accch…). I finally have a boat I could attend with (my Gartside daysailer being otherwise committed to her lakeside luxury), and, wouldn't you know it... I'm foolishly committed to a much longer adventure in northern waters at that time. But, next time… I'll be there :-)

All the best,
Dale
dsimonson
Major Contributor

Post by dsimonson »

Oh, yes, and what the hell? Howard!!! You're the man, and you're not at Palooza?
Friends with SCAMPS
Major Contributor

Post by Friends with SCAMPS »

So... who is considering some sort of live feed so those of us across the country can watch? : )
Monies
Recognized Old Salt

Post by Monies »

Just got Marty's announcement of the events and big programs and boy! this is the most exciting thing I have ever been scheduled to attend. I am so excited I am starting to pack this weekend. Doing laundry right now!

Seriously, I pick up Cowboy Cookies my Gig Harbor Scamp on July 3 and I will be early but I wouldn't miss this for anything in the world!

Love, Jackie Monies