Is that voices I am hearing in my head now.

The place to discuss SCAMP (Small Craft Advisor Magazine Project), our 11' 11" micro minicruiser.

Moderator: Moderator

fred4win
Major Contributor

Is that voices I am hearing in my head now.

Post by fred4win »

I think that you are a man of my heart now Charlie Pearsall. I was setting on the fence not 100% sure of the name change....and now I believe you was the confirmation I needed. So many people have encouraging words about the name change I am more sure than ever. I like that name too....Some where on this forum I read that the boat will whisper her name to you.....I now think that I heard the Whisper. Thanks to all the first responders...Dave (Thanks for the Boat Denaming Ceremony ) and Jackie (cowboy cookies) You always warm the heart with your words,,,and of course you Charlie P cause I like the name also. Roger and the Friends with Scamps talk dearly of the renaming.....Nothing has been negative if it is done with the heart that's the message I received.....

sole mio translates literally as "my sunshine" Which it is...But it has a beautiful ring to it and sounds so lonely like you are all alone...Which I am almost 100% of the time always alone in the boat.

I am hesitant to go into the details but here they go. SO BE WARNED If you don't want to read allot of mush stop reading NOW. It's the raining season here and I am land locked.... When under sail ( no motor) in the Scamp I noticed I'm oblivious to life little problems. Tell Josh that maybe we need to sell the therapeutic value of the Scamp.

When I'm alone without my motor running ( maybe melancholy for you guys ) I hear the music of the ocean. This is all new to me. I hear ( for not having a better word for it "nature speaking'') when sailing under sail...Yes I do...When it is quiet out there only the water lapping against the boat thoughts seem so clear to me..... Now if that means I am losing it call 911 for me. For some time now my Scamp has been Whispering to me of this name change......If that is what my Scamp wants then It will be name change. Or of course I maybe breathing too much Salt Air...But the Whisper..... you can only hear when all alone and sunshine on my face. On a scale of 1 to 10 my level of sailing is at 1 or 2...(not very good) Self taught and with very lite air, a lot to learn but addicting. Never experience this peacefulness when driving or watching TV or motor boating or so on...only in the Scamp under sail. Is that what feeling so small in a big ocean does to a person? Some times a few miles out you can feel so small and insignificant. With the boat barely moving along under sail you have the time to commune with nature. I discovered this myself by accident...None have ever talked about this on the forum. Hope I have not over stepped my boundaries here. Just remember I did warn you to stop.....If you ever want to visit here don't worry I can also be normal.

35 second video that is easy to relate too.
'Oh Solo Mea' in a Solo 14 - Whitehall Rowing & Sail | Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/WhitehallRowin ... 496372703/

If you have 4 minutes to spare this is the music of Solo Mie
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsiqQ68 ... siqQ681iSw

Fans of Elvis Presley O Sole mio In same tune as It's Now or Never. Case in point his largest selling record ever.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4M3R3CEZ_mI

Chow Chow for now. All alone but Not Lonely.
Winning is for every thing losing is for nothing
Monies
Recognized Old Salt

Re: Is that voices I am hearing in my head now.

Post by Monies »

No Fred, what you are experiencing is why all sailors sail. I am going to link a song here for you I hope written by my friend Kelly McGuire who comes here each year and does a concert for me at Sail Oklahoma. It is called "Solitude" and he talks about the wind, water, what he feels sailing alone. Kelly is a sailor and was a yacht broker in Houston before he began to write and sing about boats.

Well, Kelly and "Solitude" are all over the internet and I can't get it to link here!

Google his name and the song on youtube Fred and you'll get it.

Love, Jackie Monies Cowboy Cookies
fred4win
Major Contributor

Post by fred4win »

Thanks Jackie got it first try. Yes My wife thinks I need help....but I told her that it is part of the process of learning to sail. Soothing song thanks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jp_Vg_iDhRo
Monies
Recognized Old Salt

Post by Monies »

Kelly has many albums available Fred and I love his music. "Solitude" is actually my favorite of his many, many songs. You can also download his music.

Truly do wish the boating world was made up of women who understood sailors and boaters, especially those who build. I cannot say I am a perfect woman, I have many failings, but I think I have been a boat enabler my entire life. I find that I am a rare woman in that respect and I actually seek out other women I find in the boating world, not for myself but to show the world there are others as nutty as I am. I have often said I need to put on a boot camp for wives to introduce them to boats and building so they gain some appreciation of the hobby.It might not work.

Love, Jackie Monies Cowboy Cookies Scamp
fred4win
Major Contributor

Post by fred4win »

Yes you are a rare gem...and a unique person to the boating world...Wish my wife was more attuned to boating as you are. Your wisdom is far more than most and your words to me was always on target. We at the Scamp forum owe you many thanks of gratitude. Will tell you now that I am in my second life and I see that in you now more than ever. Hey girl no stopping you now....