Gabrielle is for sale - and has been SOLD

The place to discuss SCAMP (Small Craft Advisor Magazine Project), our 11' 11" micro minicruiser.

Moderator: Moderator

Friends with SCAMPS
Major Contributor

Re: Gabrielle is for sale

Post by Friends with SCAMPS »

Please remind me... is Gabrielle standard size? & Does she have a motor well?
kenjamin
Recognized Old Salt

Post by kenjamin »

Gabrielle is the 11' 11" standard size. She has an inboard motor well that works well for motoring and also converts to a helmsman seat with the motor stored forward (or motor left at home).

Non-standard modifications are the mast step which steps the birdwing mast at bulkhead four but it could easily be modified to accept the standard mast at bulkhead three. Also the centerboard is in a cartridge so that it can be pulled out completely to clear any jams due to rocks, oyster bits or mud. At Cedar Key boat rally, Gabrielle had rocked all night on a mud bank and had six inches of mud in the centerboard cartridge. It took me all of 30 seconds to rinse the mud out by lifting and dropping the centerboard cartridge. Without the cartridge system, I would have been dead in the water.

E-mail me at kenjamin@bodaciousboats.com if you want pictures. Thanks for your interest.
Zero to 200
New Contributor

Post by Zero to 200 »

Curses to your temptation! Just when I had committed I wasn't going to do any more dreaming about my next boat until I earn it with some real sailing skills, I find myself "just checking out" the SCAMP forum and "just checking out" a thread that used the words 'for sale' to be confronted by a picture of the most gorgeous SCAMP re-rigged to a yawl just like my dream one I've fantasized about a thousand times over!

Thanks in advance for the dozens of hours I will spend visualizing myself at the helm of this little yacht...I am certain exactly the right skipper will materialize at exactly the right time. What a beauty!
kenjamin
Recognized Old Salt

Post by kenjamin »

Gabrielle is still for sale. She is protected by a large trap suspended about two feet above her so she still gets plenty of air while being out of the rain and sun.

As I'm finishing my Saturday Night Special, I realize that my SNS will better meet my needs as a fisherman and also the new birdwing mast and sail for my SNS will better impress those who need to be impressed with my invention and patent.

So I would like to find a new home for Gabrielle where she will be loved, appreciated, enjoyed and used often. And yes I could use a new influx of cash for my Texas 200 trip next month.
fred4win
Major Contributor

Post by fred4win »

Well ken i see you still have Gabrielle....but wondering how the new boat is coming along....i know you will not stop building....just would like to know where i can see a picture of your build...I know this is not the appropriate place for your new build so maybe at The Wooden Boat Forum or some other place....can you give us a link out here to follow....
Winning is for every thing losing is for nothing
kenjamin
Recognized Old Salt

Post by kenjamin »

Here ya go, Fred...

http://forum.woodenboat.com/showthread. ... n-Welsford!)

Good to hear from you!
fred4win
Major Contributor

Post by fred4win »

Ken that is fantastic great build and i can see you are not just setting at home watching TV....maybe you can sell that bike also.....don't need elec to charge the batteries. Here in the Philippines very hot to even go sailing or any where out of the air conditioning. Next is the rainy season and then typhoon season....never cold here...just hot, wet or windy...
Winning is for every thing losing is for nothing
kenjamin
Recognized Old Salt

Post by kenjamin »

Thanks for the kind comment, Fred. What? Sell the bicycle? That's the only thing keeping me alive! :D
wdscobie
Recognized Old Salt

Re: Gabrielle is for sale - and has been SOLD

Post by wdscobie »

folks ... the boat has been sold.
--
:: Dave Scobie
:: Liveaboard: Baba 30 DEJA VU
:: Owner M6'8" dingy
:: Former SWALLOW - https://saulboatswallow.wordpress.com
:: Former M17 SWEET PEA - https://m17-375.com
:: Former M15 SCRED - https://m15namedscred.wordpress.com/