SCAMP Camp 2017

The place to discuss SCAMP (Small Craft Advisor Magazine Project), our 11' 11" micro minicruiser.

Moderator: Moderator

pocketyacht
Recognized Old Salt

SCAMP Camp 2017

Post by pocketyacht »

SCAMP Camp 2017 is on for August in a beautiful private boat shop near Port Townsend Washington. We have four builders excited and raring to go. If anyone reading here is interested in stopping by or joining in as a helper/ builder please feel free to message me here. Excited to keep the SCAMP owner builds going.

Normally we hold the Camps at the Northwest maritime Centers beautiful shop but this year I enrollment seemed to low to warrant the cost of renting the space but now we have four builders. I plan to be in the Maritime Center frequently in August as these folks are my good friends and its always a pleasure to be there.

I am also doing a John Welsford (new design) Long Steps build in the same facility. This is going to be great fun and anyone interested is welcome to stop in.
dndrich
Regular Contributor

Re: SCAMP Camp 2017

Post by dndrich »

For anybody on the fence about attending a camp, I can tell you that it is a wonderful experience. It was one of the highlights of my life actually. I continue to build my SCAMP at home, and often get a smile on my face while working on the boat and thinking back about my time in Port Townsend with Howard and John, and my fellow SCAMPers and friends. I work full time, but took the time to do it. Definitely a unique experience.
Daniel
SCAMP #330 Wildflower
Sebastopol, CA USA
pocketyacht
Recognized Old Salt

Post by pocketyacht »

Thanks Daniel
It was pleasure to have you there and to continue to help with your build through advice.

We now have four SCZAMP builders signed up and I am also building a Welsford Long Steps in the same shop. Everyone is welcome to come by for a chat or to look at the unique SCAMP and Long Steps.
Best,
howard
dndrich wrote:For anybody on the fence about attending a camp, I can tell you that it is a wonderful experience. It was one of the highlights of my life actually. I continue to build my SCAMP at home, and often get a smile on my face while working on the boat and thinking back about my time in Port Townsend with Howard and John, and my fellow SCAMPers and friends. I work full time, but took the time to do it. Definitely a unique experience.
Brent65
Major Contributor

Post by Brent65 »

Howard, Will anyone be blogging or showcasing the Long Steps design/build as it progresses? I would love to learn more about this new design.
Brent Butikofer

Scamp: Hagoth
https://buildinghagoth.wordpress.com

Scamp: Shackleton
https://buildingshackelton.wordpress.com

Pocketship:
https://idahopocketship.wordpress.com

Never Stop Learning or Exploring
pocketyacht
Recognized Old Salt

Post by pocketyacht »

I can do that.
Brent65 wrote:Howard, Will anyone be blogging or showcasing the Long Steps design/build as it progresses? I would love to learn more about this new design.
godocgo
Regular Contributor

Post by godocgo »

I'll try to blog. If I can figure it out!
Lots of pictures anyway.
godocgo
Regular Contributor

Post by godocgo »

I'll try to blog. If I can figure it out!
Lots of pictures anyway.
miguelito
Major Contributor

Post by miguelito »

Yay, It's scamp season again. For those of us who might stop by, can you give directions to the new shop when it is up and running?
Looking forward to seeing you all again,
Mike 170
miguelito
Major Contributor

Post by miguelito »

Another question:
I've just heard that the Scamp Regatta is 7/6-8/17, but I've not seen any official notice yet. Has that been posted somewhere? Also, I'm interested in the pram kit that might work as a tender for a Scamp, and wondering when that might be available. Might there be room at the Scamp camp to add a Pram camp?
Cheers Scampers,
Mike #170