Happy New Year! Exactly 2 years of working on the Argo...

The place to discuss SCAMP (Small Craft Advisor Magazine Project), our 11' 11" micro minicruiser.

Moderator: Moderator

Jason Builder
Regular Contributor

Happy New Year! Exactly 2 years of working on the Argo...

Post by Jason Builder »

Happy New Year Fellow SCAMP Enthusiasts!

Today is the two-year anniversary of the start of my SCAMP project; on December 31, 2015 I began making the oars, and then over that winter I built the spars and foils. I began on the on the hull in late spring 2016, and today I am working on attaching deck hardware. It has been a rewarding and meaningful project; I am both excited to be nearing completion, and a bit sorry to see the project end. Thanks to all for the helpful information-sharing on this forum and on individual-build-logs.

I wish and hope for a New Year full of peace, love, understanding, learning, and good-health in our world.....and more small-boat-building.

Happy New Year,

-Jason
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-Jason

Builder of SCAMP#349 "Argo": Build log at http://www.argobuilder.com
Caretaker of these fine ships:
-SCAMP "Argo"
-1981 Compac 16 Pilothouse "Lillyanna"
-Old Towne 16' Canoe
Bchrovers
Regular Contributor

Re: Happy New Year! Exactly 2 years of working on the Argo.

Post by Bchrovers »

Jason, Happy New Year to you also! Your boat looks awesome! Love the color scheme and the white water line really sets it off. Nice work!

Have a name yet?

Marty
SAMP 168 - Fat Bottom Girl
jhippe
Regular Contributor

Post by jhippe »

Congratulations Jason! You have a lot to be proud of. You have done awesome work on your boat. Your craftsmanship and attention to detail shows.
Peter E
Major Contributor

Post by Peter E »

Spring isn't that far away. It will be good to have another Scamp in the Great Lakes area. After you splash it there will always be some modifications. One of the things I like about the SCAMP it doesn't take very long at the boat launch to get in the water.