Gig Harbour Scamp Australia.

The place to discuss SCAMP (Small Craft Advisor Magazine Project), our 11' 11" micro minicruiser.

Moderator: Moderator

tony lang
New Contributor

Gig Harbour Scamp Australia.

Post by tony lang »

Hi All, as explained in my previous post asking for comparisons between the Potter P15 & Scamp, I finally decided on the Scamp & placed an order with GH Boats & had it shipped to Australia.
The Scamp has arrived & after getting the trailer changed to Australian compliance, I finally took the little boat for its 1st sail in Geelong, Victoria, a working port in Southern Australia. The wind was gusting up to 15 knots, so I filled the water ballast & off we went, no reef in. The boat performed admirably, didn't miss a tack & handled the chop like a much bigger boat. GH's workmanship & systems on the boat 1st rate! Also their custom Scamp trailer makes launching & retrieval easy.
I'd also like to commend Justin from Portsea Marine who looked after the shipping side of things. The whole process getting the boat from the USA to Australia, customs, port handling etc could turn into a very fraught exercise, but with Justin, it went super smoothly.
I've taken the Scamp for its 2nd sail & am getting better at rigging up etc. I feel this little boat is a keeper & we'll have many adventures on her :D !!
Cheers, Tony Lang.
Peter E
Major Contributor

Re: Gig Harbour Scamp Australia.

Post by Peter E »

I think you will enjoy the SCAMP as much as I do.
Lin
New Contributor

Re: Gig Harbour Scamp Australia.

Post by Lin »

Tony...let's see some pics