SCAMP #15 making progress

The place to discuss SCAMP (Small Craft Advisor Magazine Project), our 11' 11" micro minicruiser.

Moderator: Moderator

woodenboatdan
Regular Contributor

Re: SCAMP #15 making progress

Post by woodenboatdan »

Great job John. Boat looks fabulous! I just got plans for Hull #201 - so I have a ways to go :). But I'm inspired to see what others are doing. Did you build from kit? Any idea how many hours? (maybe an unfair question - hahaha).

Dan Mattson
Tasman
Regular Contributor

Post by Tasman »

G'day Dan

How many hours to build ? Hard to say as I did not keep a tally. I made sure I did a few hours a day every day, so that one large project became a series of small projects. The whole job was a great pleasure. This was not built from a kit, so every saw cut was my own ! The plans were very good and all that were needed to get the job done.

Cheers - John
Tasman
Regular Contributor

Post by Tasman »

Here are a few photos but they do not do this fine little craft justice, I hope to get some better ones in a day or two. The roadway is quite steep but I had no trouble raising the mast using my version of the "pole vault plant" stepping system. I was not able to hoist the sail fully as there was a risk of the upper tip of the yard fouling power cables. Now that would be a no no on the first outing or any outing !! She will be at the Australian Wooden Boat festival in Hobart on the 8th of February.

Cheers - John
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
knasman
Major Contributor

Post by knasman »

CDH spreads her wing! Beautiful. She looks even better in the daylight. CDH now becomes the image the rest of us keep in mind as we sand, sand, sand :-). Cherish these days!
Keith Nasman
SCAMP Zephyr #161
brucemoffatt
Regular Contributor

Post by brucemoffatt »

It would be worth going to the WBF just for CDH. She looks like a work of art John. Inspirational.

Bruce in Adelaide.
SCAMP # 179 'Romana' under construction in Largs, South Australia

http://www.amazon.com/Drift-ebook/dp/B008N9ESKS
https://www.createspace.com/4187764 (paperback)
Tasman
Regular Contributor

Post by Tasman »

Thanks guys ! Keith I will get a photo of the cockpit layout as you requested in an earlier post. It is pretty straight forward as I have not made any changes. Storage of gear is not an issue on this boat. Keeping excess gear out of her is going to be the biggest challenge. Bruce it would be great to catch up if you were able to make it down to Hobart. If you are able to come through to Launceston at any time let me know and we can arrange a sail on CDH. Keep up the good work on your video blogs.

Cheers - John