Happy Birthday John Welsford and Many Thanks!

The place to discuss SCAMP (Small Craft Advisor Magazine Project), our 11' 11" micro minicruiser.

Moderator: Moderator

Monies
Recognized Old Salt

Happy Birthday John Welsford and Many Thanks!

Post by Monies »

This seems like an appropriate group to send JohnW many good wishes on his birthday. He may well skin me for letting the cat out of the bag (well that is as close as I can get to one of his terrible puns/jokes) but the Scamp builders definately want to wish him many more.

Since New Zealand is on a much earlier time schedule than we are, I may well have missed the actual day, but close enough from twenty feet viewing!

Love and many more,

Jackie and Mike Monies/ The Red Scamp
ppd3
Regular Contributor

Re: Happy Birthday John Welsford and Many Thanks!

Post by ppd3 »

Bravo the Monies, thanks for the heads up!

Happy Birthday JW, have a great day (whenever it is).

DIG
Sydney, Australia.
8.00 am, Thursday 10th January, 2013.
woodenboatdan
Regular Contributor

Post by woodenboatdan »

John - Happy Birthday. It has been a pleasure getting to know you a little this year. I look forward to seeing you in March at SCAMP Camp.

Best, Dan Mattson
kenjamin
Recognized Old Salt

Post by kenjamin »

Happy Birthday, John, and thanks again for helping me locate my funky mast on my SCAMP. I'll be adding surfboard foam to inside of the cabin roof (asymmetrically) to replace some of the missing flotation resulting from my extending the cuddy space forward (to accommodate my cooler and retractable bowsprit). And I'll be testing it this summer to make sure that the foam does the trick of helping the recovery from the turtled position. Full reports on that to follow then as I've noticed that a few of the other guys have also extended their cuddy space forward. Don't want to be the guy who encouraged the building of unsafe SCAMPs.
SJones
New Contributor

Post by SJones »

Happy birthday John, do you still celebrate those at your age ;) I'll see you in August for Scamp Camp IV.

Scott
JohnT
Regular Contributor

Post by JohnT »

Happy birthday John. Now that you are approaching "old coot status, you will come to realize why your suggested Scamp name "The Phantom Dribbler" was not wildly endorsed by the reat of us old coots!
Peter E
Major Contributor

Post by Peter E »

One more year has passed but John is still not in the ( Old Coots Club ) Rumor has it he is calling his next boat ( Old Faithful ) A young man boat.