SCAMP Kit and Plan Pricing

The place to discuss SCAMP (Small Craft Advisor Magazine Project), our 11' 11" micro minicruiser.

Moderator: Moderator

kwoodworker
New Contributor

Re: SCAMP Kit and Plan Pricing

Post by kwoodworker »

Dear Editors,

The last posting I have seen on Scamp kit pricing was Nov. 01, 2010, showing the price of the kit as $2100. & foil package as $299., if ordered with the kit. Are these prices current?
Have there been any additions to what is available in the kit?
Where is the kit shipped from, and what would the cost be to ship to Michigan, zip code 49079?
My wife and I are considering a trip to the northwest during the summer or fall of 2012. If we are in the area, can we pick up the kit, and what is the size of the shipping container?

Best Regards,
Ken
Editors
Site Admin

Post by Editors »

Hi Ken,

Sorry we missed your post. Yes, those kit prices are still accurate. We discussed bumping the price up $100 or so at the new year but have held off for now.

We offer the plywood kit, the foil kit, and a class sail. We don't offer hardware, fasteners, epoxy kits, etc.

Shipping a kit to Michigan would likely run $450-$550. The price can vary some depending on a few factors. Feel free to give us a call or e-mail when you're ready and we can get you an exact number.

Yes, you're always welcome to pick up your kit to save on shipping. The kit is essentially a stack of 4 x 8 sheets of plywood—the boat and building jig. We've had a number of builders pick them up with their pickup trucks, etc.

Let us know if we can answer any other questions.

Best,
Josh
The smaller the boat the bigger the adventure.
kwoodworker
New Contributor

Post by kwoodworker »

Josh,

Thanks for the information. It sounds like I should be able to handle the "pick up", and the savings on the shipping costs would pay for a large chunk of our gas money if we decide on a road trip to the northwest.

Thanks again,
Ken
peabody
Regular Contributor

Post by peabody »

I still think' thats about the most beautiful boat I've ever seen.
it truly is.
Peabody
I started this life with nothing...........
kept most of it .....
peabody
Regular Contributor

Post by peabody »

When my ship comes in ......
I want it to be the scamp.
I started this life with nothing...........
kept most of it .....