Login | Register

Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:47 pm

Regular Contributor

What is the latest version for the building manual? I’ve got 1.3.

Thanks,

Rick

Top Top
  Profile Send private message

Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:53 am

Regular Contributor

Perhaps the denizens of the world of SCAMP are enjoying the northern hemisphere summer, and perhaps the Editor of this forum is involved in R2AK activities, but I haven’t had a response to either my forum question or the private message I sent to the Editor.

While my question remains the same—What is the latest version of the SCAMP build manual?—I located version 1.5 on another device. I have v. 1.3 printed out and am curious to get the latest version so I can build in the footwell modification which 1.5 does not show.

Thanks,

Rick

Top Top

Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:05 am

Regular Contributor

Hello Rick,

I am not associated with the magazine, other than having also purchased plans, but will try to provide some guidance.

I believe 1.5 is the current version of the manual. There were comments in other posts about re-writing the manual based on the experience gained from numerous SCAMP Camps. It was also stated that the task of reworking the manual is a major undertaking. So I suggest not holding your breath while waiting for the new manual.

There are posts regarding the MkII kit changes that may provide some guidance. I do not know how to embed links but the "Footwell Question..." post is a good place to start.

There are a couple of threads regarding the size of the footwell and a couple of the builders have very informative blogs regarding the same topic.

One look at the magazine and website(s) gives one the impression of a large well run organization. However, my understanding is the magazine and Duckworks Boat Builder's Supply are managed and run by the same dedicated staff and by no-means over-staffed. Therefore updates sometimes take longer than expected.

Hope this helps.
Greg.

Top Top

Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:40 am

Regular Contributor

Thanks, Greg, that does help.

Rick

Top Top