Red Lantern Rally

The place to discuss SCAMP (Small Craft Advisor Magazine Project), our 11' 11" micro minicruiser.

Moderator: Moderator

Monies
Recognized Old Salt

Re: Red Lantern Rally

Post by Monies »

Do not tempt me, Dale. I have joked I will be in almost Canada on both coasts, first at Port Townsend, and probably in Maine as well. You have no idea how exciting this all is for me, whether successful or not, still exciting and a life long dream.

Too many places still to go, too much adventure, no matter how it ends.

Love, Jackie Monies- The Red Scamp
dsimonson
Major Contributor

Post by dsimonson »

Arm twisting will begin now… the hell with Mystery Bay, let's launch at Lund, first night in the Copeland Islands, then over to Cortez Bay for our last view of civilization, and, then, off to the wild blue yonder….

:-)

OK, perhaps it sounds a bit far-fetched at this moment, never mind, we'll just have to send updates, and catch you on the next one! But... I am quite serious...

Looking forward to it all!!!!!!
Dale
knasman
Major Contributor

Post by knasman »

Dale, maybe we are just scouting for the first Desolation Sound Rally :-D
Keith Nasman
SCAMP Zephyr #161
miguelito
Major Contributor

Post by miguelito »

Outstanding idea! One of the most beautiful places ever. Just need some wind!
Mike 170
Monies
Recognized Old Salt

Post by Monies »

And this is why the Scamp came into being you all know. To dream big and sail small. For all these years I have dreamed just like you all have of "the places we'd go, the things we would see."

To me, the Scamp was the truck John Steinbeck drove across America, the van William Least Heat Moon slept in when writing Blue Highways. That is why I am so thrilled to see the boats launching, the pure insanity of the Red Lantern races, a bonding of people with a little boat that can take them anywhere.

There isn't any way I could not come. This isn't me memorializing Mike but me saying, "This is what this boat is all about."

Love, Jackie Monies- The Red Scamp