Red Lantern Rally

The place to discuss SCAMP (Small Craft Advisor Magazine Project), our 11' 11" micro minicruiser.

Moderator: Moderator

kenjamin
Recognized Old Salt

Re: Red Lantern Rally

Post by kenjamin »

Hey fellow SCAMPers and Rally organizers,

I've been advertising the Red Light Rally on my Down & Dirty Double Dory thread on the WoodenBoat Forum. A question has arisen about crewing a ride on any available SCAMP.

Sure would be nice if there was a sign-up sheet for boats willing to take a one-time guest passenger with maybe a cell number for contact with that boat. If I manage to make it to the rally, I won't have my SCAMP with me but I will have my cell phone and it seems there will be others like me. (I'm tempted to say, "In the same boat" here) but I'll leave the puns for the master punster himself.
pocketyacht
Recognized Old Salt

Post by pocketyacht »

Kenjamin
I'll talk to Josh about your suggestion. In the spirit of the boat and event I am quite certain you would be sailing full on for the whole weekend. However given the popularity of the boat and hopefully the Rally a sign up sheet may be wise. I'll get back to you on this one.
kenjamin wrote:Hey fellow SCAMPers and Rally organizers,

I've been advertising the Red Light Rally on my Down & Dirty Double Dory thread on the WoodenBoat Forum. A question has arisen about crewing a ride on any available SCAMP.

Sure would be nice if there was a sign-up sheet for boats willing to take a one-time guest passenger with maybe a cell number for contact with that boat. If I manage to make it to the rally, I won't have my SCAMP with me but I will have my cell phone and it seems there will be others like me. (I'm tempted to say, "In the same boat" here) but I'll leave the puns for the master punster himself.
Bcbimmer
Recognized Old Salt

Post by Bcbimmer »

Ken,

Sitting in sunny Springdale Utah after many hours in airports, airplanes and automobiles so no work on my boat for the next 2weeks. Zion park is absolutely breathtaking.

I will be at the scamp skills the weekend before and plan to stay for the week and finish off with the rally. It will be a race to the finish to have my boat ready to go but it should be there. My entire sailing experience will be whatever Howard and my fellow sailors drill into me in the preceding week. My goal for the whole session is to meet as many of you guys as possible and have experienced sailors take out my boat with me on board as well to see what I can pick up. You are welcome aboard at any time.

Cheers,

Dan
kenjamin
Recognized Old Salt

Post by kenjamin »

Thanks Dan,

That's good to hear. Unfortunately you'll find that I'm a better builder than I am a sailor but I have gotten a little better over the last few years or so.

Pretty sure I'll be there especially if I can resist the temptation to go to the WoodenBoat Show at Mystic in June. Don't think my travel budget will let me do both.

Hope to see you there and thanks again, Kenjamin
kenjamin
Recognized Old Salt

Post by kenjamin »

Hello fellow SCAMPers,

I'm bumping this thread about the Red Lantern Rally to the top of the pile because I just booked a flight to attend and want as many SCAMPers to show up as possible.

Looking forward to it,
Kenjamin
dsimonson
Major Contributor

Post by dsimonson »

I'm planning to be there, looking forward to meeting you and all fellow scampers!

Cheers,
Dale
knasman
Major Contributor

Post by knasman »

Zephyr and I are planning on being there. I can't wait to see all the scamps and scampers!
Keith Nasman
SCAMP Zephyr #161
simeoniii
Recognized Old Salt

Post by simeoniii »

Can we get a baker's Dozen of SCAMPs afloat there? Lord willing, Noddy will be there...
Simeon
Voyaging with Noddy, #11
mrogers
Major Contributor

Post by mrogers »

I will be there. Pumpkin will not be able to attend due to a severe case of unfinished project. A sailing buddy from California who is beginning to “get it” with Scamp will be there too. I hope we can hitch a ride with someone.
Roger-Scamp177
The pleasure I get from a boat is inversely proportional to it's size cost and complexity
miguelito
Major Contributor

Post by miguelito »

One more for the Rally is TOR from Olympia. I'm deciding whether to sail up or trailer up, but I'll get there somehow. Is there a schedule of events written down somewhere that can be re-published? It would be fun to attend the pre and post Rally events if we know when they will happen.
Mike 170