Red Lantern Rally

The place to discuss SCAMP (Small Craft Advisor Magazine Project), our 11' 11" micro minicruiser.

Moderator: Moderator

Johnny Walker
Regular Contributor

Re: Red Lantern Rally

Post by Johnny Walker »

Oh god! My wife was afraid this would happen! Probably can't make from here this year from Colorado. But we are having a bit of a dinner gathering in Golden, CO on Feb. 1st to do what we can in this sub-zero weather. Come if you can, but I'd love it if someone could send me a CD of some good Irish Sea Chants to provide a little background music. Of course, I'd return it after our great dinner. Thanks. Johnny
wyosuds
Regular Contributor

Post by wyosuds »

This Red Lantern Rally sounds fantastic, so good that called and reserved a spot in the August Scamp Camp! I can't wait to see a broad representation of completed Scamps with all the ideas I can borrow for my build. As Howard stated in the "Blue Water Mods" thread, who knows how many more Scamp Camps are going to be held? The Rally is icing on the cake!

I also will be at the gathering at Golden on February 1st. I really look forward to meeting the 'local' Scamp sailors as well. See ya in a couple of weeks Johnny Walker! I don't have Irish Sea Chants but I have plenty of Jimmy Buffett!

John S.
Johnny Walker
Regular Contributor

Post by Johnny Walker »

Oh please, bring your Jimmy Buffet to the Colorado Winter Messabout Dinner. I'll bring the CD player. Thanks, we're expecting 25 to 40 Colorado trailer-sailors.
wyosuds
Regular Contributor

Post by wyosuds »

With that many Coloradans a guy from Wyoming will probably need a Green Card to get in :lol: :lol: Maybe the Buffett collection will do.

John S.
BobT
Regular Contributor

Post by BobT »

Sounds like fun. Peanut is in.

Bob
kenjamin
Recognized Old Salt

Post by kenjamin »

My cousins in Snowqualmee (near Seattle) want me to come visit in August so there's a slight chance I might be able to fly over and attend the Red Lantern Rally so I have been keeping tabs on the thread. I noticed that the thread had drifted to page two of threads so this is me popping it to page one again. If I'm going to fly across the entire USA to be there (God, I hate flying!), I want to know that all SCAMPers know about it and that absolutely everybody who can possibly attend will be there. In the good book the Lord said "Lo, I am with you always." He didn't say nothing about up high in no airplane!!! :D
scampRedLanternRally1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Editors
Site Admin

Post by Editors »

The stars are all lined up. Look, even the tides are great! ;-)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The smaller the boat the bigger the adventure.
knasman
Major Contributor

Post by knasman »

Zephyr is planning on being there! And looking for more of THIS kind of sailing :D

This shot courtesy of wild man Derek Gries who is busily getting ready for an epoxy fest on his Liberty with me in two weeks! Right Derek? You there? :-)

Darn rotation issues!
Keith Nasman
SCAMP Zephyr #161
Dick Herman
Regular Contributor

Post by Dick Herman »

Re: Red lanterns and here we go - again. The allusion to red lanterns having a connection to activities that have nothing to do with safety, has a railroad connection, not a whaling one. But being a family forum, enough said. To the best of my knowledge, Port Townsend does not have a whaling heritage, the other I don't know about.
Bcbimmer
Recognized Old Salt

Post by Bcbimmer »

I plan to be there. If I can get confirmation that I am signed up for the SCAMP Academy I plan to be there both weekends and the week in between, any excuse to get off work. Hopefully with freshly finished #70 in tow. If anybody wants free labor at the SCAMP camp, let me know.

Sorry got to say it. Would it not be appropriate to get a block of rooms at the Palace Hotel for the Red Lantern get together? After all, it was Port Townsend's classiest Bordello in its day.

Cheers,

Dan