Login | Register

Sun Feb 28, 2016 5:36 am

New Contributor

On the plan sheet for bulkhead #1, there seems to be no measurement indicating the height of the vertical centerline. On the other bulkheads on this sheet, there is a measurement to the right of each with this number but not on the drawing for bulkhead #1. I have looked at it closely and don't believe I am just missing it. Anyone have this number? Thanks.
George Cunningham

Top Top
  Profile Send private message WWW

Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:46 am

Recognized Old Salt

George -

I'm looking at Sheet-3 from my set of plans (Aug 30, 2011) and the height of Bulkhead-1 shows 591mm. All the B-1 measurements are off to the left of the centerline on that revision of the plans. Maybe the layout has changed since then and the measurement got left out?

Someone with a more recent set of plans, please check and comment.

Voyaging with Noddy, #11

Top Top
  Profile Send private message

Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:58 pm

New Contributor

Hi Simeon - I have Sheet 3 Mar 17 2013. That 591 number appears to go to a point midway across the left side of top arc to the crown - as marked on my sheet 117 to left of centerline. If the 591 line is extended, it misses the crown by about 5 or 6 mm (at 5:1). Maybe we are just supposed to get a fair curve from the midway mark left top to midway midway mark right top? Seems odd for plans.
Maybe I can just estimate but don't like to start doing that so early.

Top Top
  Profile Send private message WWW

Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:34 pm

Recognized Old Salt

George, you are absolutely right. I wasn't looking closely enough.

The same mid-point technique is shown for Bulkhead-2, except that there is an overall height shown as 942 mm.

I think you can go with a fair curve between the 4 known points on the top of Bulkhead-1. Scaling it off my plans I show the height should be 595.5 mm or close to it at the vertical centerline.

I'll suggest to Josh that he check with the CNC/Plans man and get that figure added to the next plans revision.

Also, if there is a kit builder out there with a Bulkhead-1 that hasn't been installed yet, maybe they could take a vertical measurement on the aft pocket side of the bulkhead, and post it here in reply :D

Voyaging with Noddy, #11

Top Top
  Profile Send private message