Whoop Whoop I just got word

Boat talk and general conversation.

Moderator: Moderator

lustyslogger
Recognized Old Salt

Whoop Whoop I just got word

Post by lustyslogger »

After only five months at the fiberglass shop I finally got word the Lusty Slogger has been repaired!!!!!

Its in Leesburg Florida and we are going down on Easter Week End. Hopefully I will be sailing that week end!!!!!!!!!!

Whoop Whoop.
Charlie P. (NY)
Regular Contributor

Re: Whoop Whoop I just got word

Post by Charlie P. (NY) »

Nice!

We have a brand new Gambell & Hunter gaff mainsail to lace onto Mad Hatter so I am looking forward to a new suit and better performance (yeah, right). ;-)
Charlie Pearsall
Mud Hen 17 (1986)
s/v Mad Hatter
lustyslogger
Recognized Old Salt

Post by lustyslogger »

Well, I took the boat to Fisherman's Cove Marina on March 31. Unfortunately I was not able to launch it at the time. So, I came back this past week end and we finally splashed the boat. I had a huge scare when I put the boat in the water as I looked back in the bilge at the transom and it had about a half inch of water in it. I didn't know if it was leaking through the self bailor or not. I sponged all the water out of the bilge and motored from the ramp to my slip about a quarter mile or so. When I got to the slip the bilge had water in it again. This time I also cleaned the drain channels on either side of the cockpit and discovered leaves had accumulated from sitting at the repair facility for five months. More water ran into the bilge when I removed the leaves and I sponged it out again. I raised the mast, and went to lunch. When I came back the boat was completely dry to apparently the repairs worked!! I came back on Sunday and the boat was still dry and sitting on her lines. It was very windy (20 plus knots) so I didn't take it out. I did do some clean up etc. I was pressed for time and had to return to Tennessee so I wasn't able to do a lot yet. Next trip will be a complete scrub down and revarnishing all the wood work and restowing all the junk I have in the boat!

We did buy a new home in Ocala, about 50 miles from the marina. That may sound like a hike but my slip in East Tennessee is 47 miles from my house now so its not too bad.

If anyone is in the area I am at Fisherman's Cove Marina in Tavares Florida on Lake Harris. I am in slip 28, but since I am the only sailboat there I won't be hard to find!!
PAR
Regular Contributor

Post by PAR »

I live in Eustis, a stones throw from you. Call when in town, we'll go for a sail.
lustyslogger
Recognized Old Salt

Post by lustyslogger »

PAR wrote:I live in Eustis, a stones throw from you. Call when in town, we'll go for a sail.

I had already left when you sent this. I was in Eustis on Sunday looking for a Walmart!!!

I will be back on Mother's Day Week End and will have Saturday free.

I will get in touch then