What a surprise - we is famous!

Boat talk and general conversation.

Moderator: Moderator

Charlie P. (NY)
Regular Contributor

What a surprise - we is famous!

Post by Charlie P. (NY) »

Yesterday was a rainy day and THE ADMIRAL and I decided to do a road trip. We went up to a state salmon hatchery and viewed the displays and picked up a bunch of NYS Tourism Guides.

This morning THE ADMIRAL was leafing through one of the brochures and she said: That's US!

Sure enough, the two of us on our (at the time) 34 ft Catalina are on page 9 of the "Canalling on the Oswego River" tourism brochure. Mast down to get through the canals. Can't miss that it is us because when we had ordered her I had asked a local graphics shop for the name "DELIRIOUS" to be on each side of the stern. I told the graphics folks they could put it anywhere between the rear hull portlights and the transom. That was misunderstood to mean fill the area between. The letters were a foot high! We came to accept it (and the price was VERY good for the volume of vinyl).

Here is a link if anyone is interested. http://visitoswegocounty.com/wp-content ... lling1.pdf

We are on page 9 of the brochure, page 11 of the .pdf.

I realize not everyone will be excited - but it floored us! Sadly/happily we sold that boat in 2006.
Charlie Pearsall
Mud Hen 17 (1986)
s/v Mad Hatter
Art Haberland
Major Contributor

Re: What a surprise - we is famous!

Post by Art Haberland »

very nice! Better to be famous than infamous!
lustyslogger
Recognized Old Salt

Re: What a surprise - we is famous!

Post by lustyslogger »

Congrats. The back of my head was on TV once. I think you have that beat!!!