Its been a bad year!

Boat talk and general conversation.

Moderator: Moderator

Art Haberland
Major Contributor

Re: Its been a bad year!

Post by Art Haberland »

well, got all my trailer parts finally! now I get to paint and assemble the damn thing... but, it's progress!
GregWads
Regular Contributor

Re: Its been a bad year!

Post by GregWads »

We got a chance to go out to the lake to mow the grass around the boat and check out the boat. No plans for sailing as there was no wind. We had bought a WorX battery powered pressure washer. It comes with an attachment to use water from a bucket. We also brought 15 gallons of water. Figuring we could wash the boat.

We found out that the varmints and sun had conspired against us. The line that held the cover was gone, leaves had blown into the cockpit and clogged the cockpit drains. The cockpit was full of water, and based on the water mark knew the water had been higher than the bottom of the companion hatch. Used the pressure washer to unplug the drains, drained the cockpit, then washed out the cockpit. Opened the companion way hatch found another 30 or so gallons of water inside. The water was only between the quarter berths and not anywhere else. Pumped the water out then wiped down the inside, then washed the outside of the boat. Then securely fastened the cover.

It rained labor day weekend and is suppose to rain again this weekend.

Wife's foot is healed, my back is in good shape again. Looking forward to the last 3 weekends of September for sailing opportunities.

Note: Summers in the midwest are the worst times for sailing. Little or no wind and hot. Usually we do most of our sailing in the fall or spring.