because the worst day of sailing is better than...

Boat talk and general conversation.

Moderator: Moderator

Art Haberland
Major Contributor

because the worst day of sailing is better than...

Post by Art Haberland »

the best day at work.. and while the wind was not cooperating, it was still a good day to go sailing.

lustyslogger
Recognized Old Salt

Re: because the worst day of sailing is better than...

Post by lustyslogger »

Art Haberland wrote:the best day at work.. and while the wind was not cooperating, it was still a good day to go sailing.

I won't say this makes me jealous but...............
Art Haberland
Major Contributor

Post by Art Haberland »

I just wish it was my boat.. it is the 10' Tenderly Dinghy by Chesapeake Light Craft. I just picked up the new floorboards for my GP today.. so not much longer
lustyslogger
Recognized Old Salt

Post by lustyslogger »

I had some maintenance to do on the Lusty Slogger over the week end. I re installed a solar powered battery charger to keep my bilge pump working and a few other things. It was a lovely day so I thought maybe I should take advantage of this. When I went to bend on the sails I found the goose neck had separated from the boom!! So, now I have to take the boom off and reinstall the goose neck. I seem to remember when I got the boat originally it didn't have a goose neck and the previous owner had simply tied the boom to the mast! Maybe that's a week point on this boat.

I also discovered that my new slip although I was told otherwise is most definitely tidal. Although the water is normally about 4 feet deep over the week end I was sitting in the grass high and dry! I thought, man that new bilge pump certainly works well to have pumped all the water out of this slip!!!! By late afternoon it was back to normal.
Art Haberland
Major Contributor

Post by Art Haberland »

lustyslogger wrote:
I also discovered that my new slip although I was told otherwise is most definitely tidal. Although the water is normally about 4 feet deep over the week end I was sitting in the grass high and dry! I thought, man that new bilge pump certainly works well to have pumped all the water out of this slip!!!! By late afternoon it was back to normal.
that's some bilge pump!
lustyslogger
Recognized Old Salt

Post by lustyslogger »

Art Haberland wrote:
lustyslogger wrote:
that's some bilge pump!

And I bought it at Walmart!