Weekender Plans

Moderator: Moderator

boatbuilderdude
New Contributor

Weekender Plans

Post by boatbuilderdude »

I am a recent transplant from Washington state - not far from Port Townsend - to Sacramento and have the hankerin to build a sailboat. I have been looking at the Weekender plans for the past couple of months but would like to see one up close and personal. Is there someone out there in the Sacramento area that has a Weekender that I could inspect?
zignman
New Contributor

Re: Weekender Plans

Post by zignman »

Hey there Boatbuilderdude! I'm in Petaluma and we have a club of Weekenders, 3 and one building in Napa. Our name is "Left Coast Cruisers" and we are meeting in Rio Vista this Saturday morning at the Rio Vista boat ramp about 9am and from there we will sail to Stockton and back. If you go to <activecaptain.com> you will be able to plot our course and see the Rio Vista boat ramp.
Also you can look up the Back yard yacht builders, a Weekender builders site that is very helpful. <byyb.com> I will have my cell phone on 707 364-0791 I look forward to meeting you, Warren Percell
Life is a journey not a destination.
littlescampy
New Contributor

Re: Weekender Plans

Post by littlescampy »

Hi, Just joined a few minutes ago,
Was looking at the Scamp threads and dropped in on you here.

If of interest I have the planes and video for the weekender. Video is good for the Vacationer to.

Moved from Santa Cruz Ca. to Georgia :oops: Wow !
So didn't build her. If interested let me know Ill have to fish up the planes and video, I believe I have two or three pages in another location but should be able to find no problem. Also have some S.S. brackets I made to tie of the mast cables to the boat nice and thick. Had planed on collecting the small parts first then go with the build. I talked to the designer while looking at building, very nice people to work with.
Any way,
Good luck on the choice, you should check out the Scamp to not as salty but very thought out.