On the hunt for a SCAMP!

The place to discuss SCAMP (Small Craft Advisor Magazine Project), our 11' 11" micro minicruiser.

Moderator: Moderator

broblodke
Regular Contributor

On the hunt for a SCAMP!

Post by broblodke »

I was able to make it up to the Pocket Yacht Palooza in Port Townsend. Outside of admiring all the boats, the main goal was to get a good up-close-and-in-person view of the SCAMP.

I got more than I bargained for. Not only did I meet so many great SCAMP owners who were quick to share all their stories, I even got to take one out for trip around Port Townsend Bay (thank you Derek!). Both my girlfriend and I got the bug...and I am now on the hunt for one of our own.

Current finances don't work to get one from Gig Harbor (though that would be amazing) & living situation doesn't lend itself to building one (the joys of renting in Seattle). So - I am on the hunt for a used Scamp - and likely one that was built by kit or plans. I'll keep hunting the classifieds, but let me know if you know of any for sale (or are considering selling one yourself).

If nothing else, I'll keep saving up for a GH one - or hold out until I get a bit more space to build one of my own. Just not sure I am that patient after all the fun I had on Saturday :)

-----
Additionally! I have a spot at the Shilshole Dinghy Dock (North end with all the lasers). I had a different boat there that I am selling. If any SCAMP owners in the Seattle-area want their boat a bit closer to the water. Happy to house your boat there in exchange for a few sails now-and-again. It's a year lease and I am paid up through 2018.
GregWads
Regular Contributor

Re: On the hunt for a SCAMP!

Post by GregWads »

I believe there is a SCAMP listed For Sale in the current issue of Small Craft Advisor.
johnnywalker
New Contributor

Post by johnnywalker »

Paul Breeding's boat is for sale for a very reasonable amount and is very well built and equipted. Located Denver but he'd likely deliver part way. It was advertised recently in SCA. It would be the boat you'd want. Johnny Walker
pocketyacht
Recognized Old Salt

Post by pocketyacht »

Hi
I know of an beautiful SCAMP for sale. A SCAMP Camp boat that I helped build, commission and I have sailed it. It is also reasonably priced to sell.

If interested send me a message and I will get back to you.
broblodke wrote:I was able to make it up to the Pocket Yacht Palooza in Port Townsend. Outside of admiring all the boats, the main goal was to get a good up-close-and-in-person view of the SCAMP.

I got more than I bargained for. Not only did I meet so many great SCAMP owners who were quick to share all their stories, I even got to take one out for trip around Port Townsend Bay (thank you Derek!). Both my girlfriend and I got the bug...and I am now on the hunt for one of our own.

Current finances don't work to get one from Gig Harbor (though that would be amazing) & living situation doesn't lend itself to building one (the joys of renting in Seattle). So - I am on the hunt for a used Scamp - and likely one that was built by kit or plans. I'll keep hunting the classifieds, but let me know if you know of any for sale (or are considering selling one yourself).

If nothing else, I'll keep saving up for a GH one - or hold out until I get a bit more space to build one of my own. Just not sure I am that patient after all the fun I had on Saturday :)

-----
Additionally! I have a spot at the Shilshole Dinghy Dock (North end with all the lasers). I had a different boat there that I am selling. If any SCAMP owners in the Seattle-area want their boat a bit closer to the water. Happy to house your boat there in exchange for a few sails now-and-again. It's a year lease and I am paid up through 2018.
broblodke
Regular Contributor

Post by broblodke »

Thank you all for the responses on this! Realized I never got back on here.

GregWads - that one unfortunately already sold

PocketYacht/JohnnyWalker - messaged you both via pm. Hopefully one of those will work out!