My Karma!

Boat talk and general conversation.

Moderator: Moderator

Michel
Recognized Old Salt

My Karma!

Post by Michel »

A few minutes to get to the ramp!... 15-20 minutes to rig and launch. This is my Karma! ;)
https://youtu.be/1hQkrzRKiuc
Michel Boulet
Ex: "Mari-Bell" Sandpiper 565 (18.5367454 ft)
Now: "Papou" Tanzer 16 dinghy
Montreal
"Let the world say what it will"
~~_/)~~
lustyslogger
Recognized Old Salt

Re: My Karma!

Post by lustyslogger »

Michel wrote:A few minutes to get to the ramp!... 15-20 minutes to rig and launch. This is my Karma! ;)
https://youtu.be/1hQkrzRKiuc
45 minutes to an hour to get to the marina, 10 minutes to take the cover off the boat and rig the sails, 30 minutes to chit chat with all the dock birds .

I envy you!
Michel
Recognized Old Salt

Post by Michel »

Ha ha! I have to be wary about the dreamers who are always at the ramp! They tend to ask lots of questions because they are not used to see sailboats up close and the rigging process. I have to make it short while being polite. ;) I also always refuse any help because experience tells that it always makes things go south! ;)
Michel Boulet
Montreal
~~_/)~~
lustyslogger
Recognized Old Salt

Post by lustyslogger »

Michel wrote:Ha ha! I have to be wary about the dreamers who are always at the ramp! They tend to ask lots of questions because they are not used to see sailboats up close and the rigging process. I have to make it short while being polite. ;) I also always refuse any help because experience tells that it always makes things go south! ;)

How true, how true.
JacquesR
Regular Contributor

Post by JacquesR »

I hate having people look as it makes me nervous and more likely to do something stupid like forgetting to untie the rudder and backing.
Michel
Recognized Old Salt

Post by Michel »

What about trying to launch the boat when it is still attached to the trailer winch! I done it once!!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :? :? :? :lol:
Michel Boulet
Montreal
~~_/)~~
lustyslogger
Recognized Old Salt

Post by lustyslogger »

Michel wrote:What about trying to launch the boat when it is still attached to the trailer winch! I done it once!!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :? :? :? :lol:

Left the bowline tied to the dock more than once! "Why isn't this damn thing going anywhere?" "Oh, No no sir, I didn't forget to cast off all lines, I was testing how much power my motor actually had!"
Michel
Recognized Old Salt

Post by Michel »

Sailing with the dock alongside would make your boat technically a catamaran or a proa! More stability! ;)
Michel Boulet
Montreal
~~_/)~~